What is One San Diego?
- One San Diego is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to promoting equal access to economic prosperity, safe and vibrant communities, and an enhanced quality of life to ensure every San Diegan has the opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to support the interests of neighborhoods citywide.
Why was One San Diego created?
- One San Diego was inspired by Mayor Faulconer’s inclusive vision of “One San Diego,” a united city where opportunities exist for every resident in every neighborhood. One San Diego will focus on programmatic initiatives in three key priority areas: Thriving Communities, Economic Prosperity, and Youth Opportunity. One San Diego will bring communities together to create solutions and encourage collaboration by connecting all communities to San Diego’s leaders; celebrating the city’s diversity; supporting civic interests and youth education programs; enhancing the resources of the Mayor’s office and city funds; leading community beautification efforts; and working to build an educated and skilled 21st century workforce.
Is One San Diego part of the City of San Diego?
- No, One San Diego is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental institution. Federal IRS non-profit tax identification # 47-1398771.
What is the Mayor’s role in One San Diego?
- The mayor has no authority and does not sit on the Board of Directors.
- One San Diego may work with the Mayor and his staff on certain projects and programs.
How do I donate to One San Diego?
- You can donate by at this secure link or by calling Ashley at Golden State Consultants @ (858) 603-7686.
Can donations be earmarked for particular fund priorities?
- Yes, your donations can be earmarked for any of our fund priorities.
How will One San Diego select programs to support?
One San Diego will develop a grant program to help fund these efforts that local community leaders work hard to promote. Applicants will apply for support for their programs with grants limited to a maximum of $2,500 and approved by One San Diego’s Board of Directors.